Friday, March 27, 2015

Salad Love?????

Hello friends,

I know that it's been so long since I drunk book reported you. And I'm sorry! I've been mildly drunk or SUPER drunk recently. But never in the place to talk about the 4 books that I've read - UNTIL NOW.

Let's talk about the latest super awesome book from Blogging For Books, Salad Love by David Bez.

Let's start with the title. This title is fucking terrible. I'm sorry, but SALAD LOVE??? What, do you want,  your ass kicked?? Who even likes salads? NO ONE.

With that said, there's some pretty good recipes in here. I think I've made three recipes from this book so far. One is fucking amazing. I think about it all the time, AND THIS IS A SALAD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Things that I like about this book:

1. There is a photo with every recipe.

2. There are a lot of recipes.

3. Every recipe has an alternative. "Oh, you don't eat meat? Here's a way to make this salad vegetarian friendly. Or fish friendly. I don't know your life."

I know I started this book report guns blazing, but I actually am crazy about this book. I plan to make every dinner for the rest of my life from this book. (Just kidding. That's a lofty goal.)

So let's talk about the three recipes I made.

The first was a pretty basic salad. (A basic salad for a basic bitch.) It had salad bits, fruit like peaches and blueberries, mint, walnuts and cheddar. It was fine. I would eat it again, but I wouldn't dream about it.

The next salad I made was more of a hot salad. It had potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, olives and pesto. It wasn't bad. I ate it three times. but I think it was missing something. Maybe cheese? Everything in my life is missing cheese.

Now, let's talk about the salad I loved.

It starts as a plate of greens. Pile on some jasmine rice. Cut up an avocado and throw on top. Then add a shit ton of chives. Oh hello, hard boiled egg. We're almost complete. We just need the dressing made of sesame oil, soy sauce and wasabi. Now you have a salad that people dream of and eat constantly. Fuck, maybe I CAN call this book Salad Love.

Now, I know this a short review, and I have three other books to talk about, but I am vacationing tomorrow so I need to keep this brief.

Have I talked about this book while drunk? NO, what am I? CRAZY? I don't talk about fucking salads when I'm drunk. I talk about real books. And pizza.

Would I recommend this book while drunk? That's a tough question because rarely, when myself or a friend is drunk, do I say, "FUCK YEAH THIS SALAD ROCKS! SPEAKING OF WHICH, HERE'S A BOOK ABOUT SALADS!!!"

I'm sorry, book, by my drunk standards you don't pass. But by my normal, trying to be healthy standards, YOU SOAR!!! SOAR EAGLE SOAR!!!!!

Ooh, and here are some photos of my salads. Don't worry, the first one is that bomb ass salad I have been referring to. The others you don't even need to look at.




No comments:

Post a Comment